Adult Day Programs
What is an adult day program – sometimes you’ll also hear it called adult day care? This is a specialty assisted living service that isn’t always offered, but can be a good option for a respite care situation or even to introduce a more social and activity oriented option for an elder loved one. Waterford Communities offers such a solution.
Some things that participants can expect when they’re part of the adult day program at Waterford include:
- on site nurses to provide care, support and medication assistance
- home style meal selections, made to order and in consideration of any special dietary needs that may be needed
- rehabilitation services by licensed staff
- rooms available for napping and relaxation
- home like environment and amenities
- optional participation in the activities program and exercises
- off-campus outing participation
- holiday events
- music and entertainment
- religious services
- optional smoking in designated areas
- flexible solutions, 7 days a week from 6 am to 8 pm
With flexible hours and the ability to customize your care options, based on needs, adult day programs are a great solution for caretaker travel flexibility, transitional care needs or even when a caretaker simply needs a break or some time away for a few hours.
If you think this might be a viable and good solution for you and your loved one, please give us a call at 402-890-0972.